Mint.com allows an individual to gather all Financial Account balances from financial institutions and banks and put them in one dashboard, for free. It offers unbiased recommendations on different ways to save money as well as the best financial products and services including investments that will help clients maintain and even keep more of their money.
The following features are provided by Mint.com :
- Alerts – show recent transactions which relate to bank fees, charges and other transactions.
- Advice – shows important advice on retirement and goals setting.
- Upcoming Bills for the Next 4 weeks– show the list of upcoming bills to update client for some recurring transactions.
- Transactions – show all transactions according to the following:
- Cash and Credit
- Specific Accounts per Bank
- Budgets – allow clients to create budget by setting up target amount per category based on Income and Spending. Specific categories are monitored by:
- Setting up targets for the top expense categories
- Receiving alerts when a spending goes over a budget
- Analyzing what’s left each month to save for a certain goal.
- Goals – include the following:
- Pay off credit card
- Pay off loans
- Save for emergency
- Save for retirement
- Buy a home
- Buy a car
- Save for College
- Take a Trip
- Improve the Home
- Create a Custom Goal
Goals allow clients to:
- Create specific goal
- Determine how much savings is needed
- Create and end date or monthly amount
- Link a goal to a specific account to easily stick to the plan
- Trends – chart the Income and Spending and allow client to analyze and compare results by category, merchant, etc.
- Investments – show the list of available investments by some Mint.Com’s sponsored brokerage.
- Ways to Save – provide different options and list on ways to save money through the use of the following:
- Credit Cards
- Home Loans
Mint.com was founded by Aaron Patzer in 2005. The public beta of Mint.com was launched in September 2007. Over a half million people opened Mint.com in its first year. After two years from the launching date, Mint.com was acquired by Intuit, the makers of Quicken, Quickbooks and Turbo Tax.
Mint.com is under the company, Intuit Inc. with its Corporate Headquarters at:
2632 Marine Way
Mountain View, CA 94043
Mint.com can be reached through the Help page and Contact section of the website.
Mint.com has also provided a Community-powered support to easily ask and search for answers for common issues and problems.
In this section, you’ll read what their customers have to say about Mint.com.
"I just want to say Mint is AMAZING. I haven’t had a financial program that could sync ALL of my accounts without a hitch. You guys have something great here."
— Matt P, University of CA, Riverside
“This site is exactly what I’ve been looking for, and desperately needing for a long time now.”
— Andrew R
“This is a great product! You have already helped me save money. I switched from my local bank in Chicago to ING interest bearing checking and I’m saving HUNDREDS of dollars in ATM fees”
— Steve D, Missoula, MT
“Mint is absolutely amazing; an extremely useful idea that I will surely use on a regular basis.”
— Trey P, Austin, TX
“Simply amazing. This is EXACTLY what each bank should actually be offering these days. I’m floored by the functionality and ability for it to instantly give me feedback on my spending habits. I’m just ... I’m seriously speechless here.”
— Jay R, Minneapolis, MN
Intuit, Inc., the company for Mint.com, is accredited with Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 11/01/2010. Intuit, Inc. has a Better Business Bureau Rating of “A+”. Furthermore, Mint.com has achieved the following major awards and recognitions:
In addition, Mint.com has been covered in major press releases:
Mint.com has a high Alexa Global Traffic Rank of 2,613 and a higher Alexa US Rank of 604 with 10,494 sites linking in. Roughly 3% of visits to the site are referred by search engines. Compared with the overall internet population, this site's audience tends to be Caucasian; they are also disproportionately moderately educated, higher-income, childless women under the age of 35. Roughly 79% of the site's visitors are in the US. Mint.com has a bounce rate of about 23% which consist of only one page view. Mint.com has a Google Page Rank of 7 out of 10.
Mint.com has more than 145,600 likes on its Facebook page. It has more than 189,900 followers and more than 15,700 following on its Twitter Account, @mint.
Furthermore, Mint.com has its own Blog named, Mintlife which is updated daily. Mint.com has a Youtube Account with 1,687 subscribers and a total of 1.5 Million video views as of this writing.
Mint.com is safe and secure because of the following maximum protection it provides to users and clients such as:
The Google Safe Browsing Diagnostic tells that, “Of the 121 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-09-14, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.This site was hosted on 21 network(s) including AS209 (QWEST), AS4436 (AS), AS2914 (NTT).”
For more information, you may refer to this link:
Mint.com which focuses more on budgeting is absolutely FREE. It introduces the new customers to banks and financial institutions who find the best ways and products that offer more savings. These banks and financial institutions, in turn, pay Mint.com.
Other similar companies like Personal Capital, also offers similar services for free. However, premium services offered for Personalized Portfolio Management have the following Annual Management Fees:
- First $250,000 - 0.95%
- Next $250,000 - 0.90%
- Next $500,000 - 0.85%
- Next $4,000,000 - 0.80%
- Above $5,000,000 - 0.75%
Betterment, on the other hand, which focuses more on the brokerage accounts, is preferable for clients who have less than $100,000 worth of investment, has the following pricing options:
- Annual Fee for Builder is 0.35%; Minimum Balance is $0; Monthly Deposit of $100/month is required
- Annual Fee for Better is 0.25%; Minimum Balance is $10,000; Monthly Deposit is optional
- Annual Fee for Best is 0.15%; Minimum Balance is $100,000; Monthly Deposit is optional
Shipping rates are not applicable for Mint.com since it can be readily accessible online through Internet Access. The user can work and access anywhere as long as there is an internet connection using a Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad. The user provides his username and password which include identification of computer used to access his Mint.com Account.
Since the use of Mint.com is free, no payment method is applicable. However, a client has the option to download from Mac App Store a Mint QuickView a companion app to the Service, and upon payment of the applicable fee, Mint QuickView will give an up-to-date snapshot of the client’s finances. However, the client is responsible for the fee he incurred and charged by a third party (i.e, Apple), which may change from time to time, in connection with the download and use of Mint QuickView.
Since no payment is required, Mint.com has no specific return or refund policy. However, as mentioned above, Intuit is not obligated to refund any payments made to third party for the purchase of Mint QuickView.
- Login to your Mint.com account.
- Go to “Your Profile”.
- Locate the “delete Mint account” option under “More Options”.
- Type in “delete” where prompted.
- Enter in the password for your Mint.com account.
- Press “Yes”
Get 20% Discount On "The Mint Life Book" @ Mint.com
Best Available Mint.com Coupon: